The HVAC industry mostly deals with designing, procurement, and execution of various heating, ventilating, and air conditioning-related projects for various applications such as hospitals, Cleanrooms, Industrial, Commercial and Residential buildings, etc.
From start to the end of any project perform the various task as below:
- Site Survey
- Heat Load Calculation
- Air Side & Water Side Calculation
- Air Conditioning System Selection
- Bill of Quantity Preparation and Costing
- Project Schedule Preparation and Installation
- Testing and Commissioning of Plant.
To perform the above task having various job profiles in HVAC Industry as listed below.
- Design Engineer
- Estimation Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Testing and Commissioning Engineer
- Sales Engineer
- Site Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
For the above job profile, the mechanical engineer is prepared due to the following reasons
- Mechanical Engineers have a knowledge of thermodynamic, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, refrigeration and air conditioning subjects which helps to design the various air conditioning system.
- Mechanical Engineers is aware of duct, pipe, air distribution equipment, chiller, pump which is help to material quantity estimation and costing.
- Project Management skills of the mechanical engineer is good which is helps to prepare the project schedule and execution of the project.
- Site related issues and maintenance related task is easily done by the mechanical engineer because he is already aware of equipment operation.
- Testing adjusting balancing related work is easily understand by the mechanical engineer.